Friday, April 6, 2012

Fabulous Friday: A Formula for Finding a Future Home for your Manuscript (A to Z Blogging Challenge)





The following facts are compliments of Bret Nicholaus of Hachette Book Group
and Joe Durepos, who held a publishing session at our local library.  The were so thorough and innovative with their 'road to publication' hints, that I just had to share it with you today.  

Here it is (comments in parenthesis are mine):

A great positioning (is it what the public wants? The publishing house?)
           +
Great writing (practice, critique, practice)
           +
A great title (like a hook, this can help...publisher might change it)
           +
Great promotion (start now to build your platform)
           +
Great timing (coincide with news, historic events, celebrations, etc)
           +
Unrelenting persistence (this is obvious!) =

YOUR BEST CHANCE FOR PUBLISHING SUCCESS!



Joe and Bret shared a few links in their handout:



http://www.bookmarket.com/. Marketing your book
http://www.booksjustbooks.com/.  Self publishing info
http://www.amazon.com/Booklife-Strategies-Survival-Century-Writer/dp/1892391902.  Platform building
http://www.amazon.com/Writing-Well-30th-Anniversary-Edition/dp/0060891548  The craft of writing


What is your FORMULA for success?

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous tips you shared. The title of book and the cover art definitely capture my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wanda....we sure do read lots of books in our home! Thanks for stopping by....

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing what you are learning, Jarm. That's one of the things I love about blogging~we learn from one another, like iron sharpening iron (Proverbs 27:17)
    Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Those are some good points there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Andrew...nothing new maybe, but a wrap up and reminder. Thanks for stopping...enjoy the challenge!

      Delete
  4. I blog like a madman! And ironically, I didn't begin until after I'd signed the contract with my publisher.
    Hope you're having a good time with the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, Alex...and I am madly blogging this month! Thanks for stopping by, and for all your work with A to Z...

      Delete
  5. Nice to meet you! Great post and thanks so much for sharing~
    I will be back to visit you, again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ella...I hope you are enjoying the challenge!

      Delete
  6. Yup today is fabulous
    do check out my F at GAC a-z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure will, Pa...thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I would love to have you comment...thanks!

Journey into the Promised Land

Journey into the Promised Land
From Egypt to Israel