Saturday, December 20, 2014

The Awesome Double Miracle: Elizabeth


Image from "The Nativity Story"

     That same confirmation would come from her cousin Elizabeth who herself, was holding miracle in her womb. Well past childbearing years, Elizabeth and Zacharias were to give birth to a man child.  

     "His name shall be John", the angel Gabriel announced to Zacharias in the temple.  His wife was now in her sixth month, and soon to be visited by a young girl from Nazareth. 
     
     "Greetings, cousin!  Peace be with you!", Mary had said.  At the sound of her voice, the child within Elizabeth leaped for joy.  "Why am I so privileged to have the mother of my Lord come to me?"  Elizabeth questioned with wonder.  How could she have known?  Only God could have revealed that to her.  

     So, it was true.  Finally, all the pieces flew together in one beautiful picture.  Mary's heart could no longer hold it's joy.  She burst forth in song, "My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.  For he hath regarded the humble state of his handmaiden.  From now on, all generations will call me blessed!"  
     
     The words overflowed from her spirit as water in a fast flowing rocky stream.  She praised God for His power and providence and yes, protection, in this troubled world.

        -From "Christmas Musings" by Jarm Del Boccio ©2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have you comment...thanks!

Journey into the Promised Land

Journey into the Promised Land
From Egypt to Israel