Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Sunshine Award!!

Well, it was bound to happen...I lost a draft that I spend a couple of precious hours composing!  So, I will need to be brief, since my time is so limited these days!  But, I am honored to receive this award, thanks to Bethany Telles. It is given to those who's blogs inspire positivity and creativity in the blogosphere.  Thanks, Bethany!

 Bethany has good things to say on her blog, Perched in a Tree, sharing her view of the world from a lofty vantage point.  I love the fact that she sees the good in everyone...Bethany calls that a weakness.  I call it a strength! She is blessed to be able to stay at home with her children.

In order to accept the Award, we are to answer the following 10 questions, and then pass on the award to others.  Some say around ten, but, I will need to hone it down to four, but not because the awardees are limited!

Here are my questions:

FAVORITE COLOR:


      I would have to say green.  When I was younger, it was blue, but now I love sage green, seafoam green, honeydew and forest green...all the greens but olive and army.  Green speaks of life, energy and renewal.

FAVORITE ANIMAL:

     I love all animals in God's kingdom, but, right now, it's the hedgehog...my daughter owns an adorable one named Pippin.



FAVORITE NUMBER:

     It's seven...it always has been.  The perfect number according to the Bible.

FAVORITE DRINK:

     Tea!   All kinds, but mostly milk oolong, Japanese Cherry, and specialty drinks such as Thai and Bubble Tea.

FACEBOOK OR TWITTER?

     Even though I use both, it's Facebook that I use the most.  I love to see what my friends are thinking and doing....

MY PASSION:

     In writing, it's to make history and Scripture come alive for my readers, who are mostly women and children.  In my daily life, I love to plan and take my family on "educational field trips" to various parts of the world.  We visit locations we are studying during our homeschool year...it's history we will never forget!  The trip always includes a visit to a missionary family we know in the area.  This blog began as a travel log of our trips...the side bar shows some of the links.

PREFER GIVING OR GETTING PRESENTS?

     I'm embarrassed to admit this...I enjoy getting gifts if it's what I need or want.  So, because of this, I prefer to give to others, and spend some time studying people's preferences before I purchase a gift.  Sometimes, it's something that I already own, that I know another friend or family member would appreciate.

FAVORITE PATTERN:

     That is a tough one for me!  I love pretty patterns of all sorts...especially on vintage clothing or wallpaper.  So, since they are usually floral, I'll say flowers, swirls, or any floral pattern.

FAVORITE DAY OF THE WEEK:

     It used to be Fridays, the end of the work week.  But now that I am home educating our teens, I would say Sundays.  It's a day of rest.  After church I love to come home and sit down after dinner with an inspirational book.  We do that as a family for at least a hour.  There is little time the rest of the week!

FAVORITE FLOWER:

     What flower don't I love??  Sweet peas and stargazer lilies (in my bridal bouquet) are among my favorites, but I will say my absolute fav is my birthflower: lilies of the valley.


Now its time to PASS ON THE SUNSHINE AWARD:


These are the worthy recipients...amongst many others yet to be chosen:

Laura Miller   for her whimsical drawings

Miranda Paul for her literacy work in Africa

Alison Hertz for her helpful writer's posts

Kirsten Larson for encouraging creativity in kids


Grab the Sunshine Award Button above, ladies, and spread some sunshine to others...congratulations!



   



20 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this award. I feel honored. I will post about it this week. BTW - I love lillies, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, Alison...looking forward to your post!

      Delete
  2. Jarm, love your blog. I love how you are not only teaching your children about educational things but spiritual things as well, which is most important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your comments, Cheryl...yes, you are right! The Spiritual things are eternal...

      Delete
  3. You are such a sweetie to pass on such sunshine, especially since it's been pouring rain all day at our house. I had stargazers in my bridal bouquet too, and my husband just brought me some for Valentine's Day since it's "our" flower. Sending a big hug your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kirsten...I feel the hug! How sweet that your hubby included them in your Valentine's Bouquet!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your award Jarm! Sorry you lost your first draft. That happened to me last week with a blog post. Lillies of the Valley are so pretty, that's my birthflower too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is frustrating, Jennifer. So, you are a "May Baby," too...I love the sweet scent of lillies of the valley. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. This was so fun to read! I have a Lily of the Valley soap with your name on it, Vicki. I didn't know it was your favorite flower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Daisy...I'll look forward to trying it. That must be one of your newest scents...mmm!

      Delete
  6. You are too sweet!!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award! Thanks for your comment at my A-Z Etiquette post. AND you'll be happy to know that your link worked, because that's how I got here! Good job and best of luck in the challenge!
    Tina @ Life is Good
    Co-Host of the April A to Z Challenge
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Tina...now I see how you use it...I assume you need to copy and paste it for each comment?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That always gets me when I lose a post I've been working on! It's fun to learn a little more about you!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie...I appreciate the fact that you took the time to stop by. Take care!

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your award Jarm.
    I also regard seeing the good in others, as a strength - it's part of being a decent human being!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Agreed, Michelle...thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to have you comment...thanks!

Journey into the Promised Land

Journey into the Promised Land
From Egypt to Israel