Saturday, June 16, 2012

15 Habits of Great Writers: Believe and Initiate


BELIEVE


I do believe God has given me the DESIRE and ABILITY to write, as I mentioned in my last post.

Jeff Goins suggests to:

"Take some time to dwell on the fact that you are a writer. Meditate on it; let it sink in. Write about it, if you want. Do whatever it takes. The important part is you believe it. And just so you don't think this is all esoteric, you're going to do something radical. You're going to get up two hours early and write."

Wow....I need my sleep. This indeed will be a challenge!


Yes, we must declare our faith/belief by our actions. So, I will take the challenge. Beginning Sunday morning, I plan to rise two hours early each day, to WRITE. Not check emails, Facebook or Flipboard, but write....what God has placed on my heart. Making history and Scripture come alive for my readers is my passion. So, I will dwell on the Devotionals and picture books that are WIPs (works in progress). They have only titles and a skeleton plot, but I will attempt to flesh them out, getting them ready for submission.


INITIATE


Every day, you have a decision: to start or stop the things worth doing. To continue building habits that make you more of your truest self, or to break the ones you've been doing for awhile"....Jeff Goins

He suggests we do something scary. Something we have been putting off. So.....


Not only will I continue writing, but, I will begin a project that seems overwhelming...my story "The Orphans Who Saved the World".  It centers around the solution to the global smallpox epidemic...and the boys who made it possible. I've done much background research. Now it's time to put the facts down in story form....

Have you been putting off something scary?  If so, what?  Isn't it time to be brave and do it??

2 comments:

  1. I am very intrigued by this challenge, Jarm. Thanks for introducing us to it. For me, submitting is scary in that I am putting my "stuff" on the line and risking rejection. I have a devotional book that I really need to submit and you have inspired me to take the plunge. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad my post inspired you, Pam...blessings on your project!

      Delete

I would love to have you comment...thanks!

Journey into the Promised Land

Journey into the Promised Land
From Egypt to Israel