Monday, December 22, 2014

Joseph: The Keeper of the Promised One


Image from "Nativity Story" ©2006 New Line Cinema



    While Mary and Elizabeth shared their hopes and dreams, Joseph was musing over these changes in events; of his life and future.  What would it be like to raise the Son of God?  Could he teach Him anything at all?  Carpentry, maybe; but the Holy Scriptures?  Unbelievable!  Would Jesus need fatherly discipline?  Guidance in daily life?  Or, would He instinctively know what to do and say?
     Joseph was a carpenter, a builder and carver of wood.  He loved to smooth rough edges and smell the fragrance of cedar and sandalwood. To make something useful from a simple plank.  "Would God be able to use me in the training of my son?"  he asked himself.  "I am here, Lord...use me as You will.  Mold me and make me into your man...your humble servant."

-from "Christmas Musings" by Jarm Del Boccio ©2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to have you comment...thanks!

Journey into the Promised Land

Journey into the Promised Land
From Egypt to Israel